Youth serving organizations are an important part of our communities and can be places for empowerment in the lives of young people. They are often a place where youth grow, learn, form relationships with peers, and have fun. Outside of these functions, youth serving organizations also strive to provide a safe environment.
This course is intended for advocates, prevention practitioners, faculty and instructors, mentors and coaches, staff, and administrators who represent and work in youth-serving organizations and who are committed to identifying and implementing policies to prevent child sexual abuse.
This course draws heavily on the CDC’s Preventing Child Sexual Abuse Within Youth-Serving Organizations: Getting Started on Policies and Procedures. Keep a copy of this resource for your reference during this course.
Please download the workbook before starting the course.
Additional resources for this eLearning unit are available on the PreventConnect Wiki page Prevention Policies for Ending Child Sexual Abuse – Resources & Examples.
Click on the button “TAKE THIS COURSE” to enroll, listen to the materials, and view summary documents.
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 16
- Assessments Yes
Identifying Contextual Issues and Organizational Values
Components 1-4 of Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Component 1: Screening and Selecting Employees and Volunteers
- Component 1 Workbook activity
- Component 2: Guidelines for Interactions Between Individuals
- Component 2 Workbook activity
- Component 3: Monitoring Behavior
- Component 3 Workbook activity
- Component 4: Ensuring Safe Environments
- Component 4 Workbook activity
Components 5-8 of Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Component 5: Responding to Inappropriate Behavior, Breaches in Policy, & Allegations & Suspicions
- Component 5 Workbook activity
- Component 6: Training about Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Component 6 Workbook activity
- Component 7: Implementing Technology Based Prevention Policies
- Component 7 Workbook activity
- Component 8: Employing Leaders and Board Members in Prevention
- Component 8 Workbook activity
Overcoming Challenges to Preventing Child Sexual Abuse in Youth-Serving Organizations