Utilizing Youth as Prevention Volunteers
This course discusses key concepts and questions for engaging youth as prevention volunteers. Volunteers are essential for our work, yet so often we miss opportunities for volunteers, seeing them only as helpful for administrative or response work. Complete the lesson below to prepare to successfully manage prevention volunteers in your organization.
- Describe 6 key considerations/questions for engaging youth as volunteers in SV/DV prevention.
- Identify at least 2 prevention needs that are conducive to youth volunteers.
- Identify at least 1 organizational strategy for effectively utilizing youth as prevention volunteers.
- Identify at least 1 realistic organizational strategy to effectively retain youth as prevention volunteers.
- Utilizing Volunteers in Prevention (CALCASA Handout)
- Achieving prevention goals: Engaging and sustaining volunteers (PreventConnect podcast)
- Prevention Session 3: Effectively engaging youth (PreventConnect podcast)
- Engaging volunteers in primary prevention (TAASA)
- 40 developmental assets (Search Institute)
- Idealist’s volunteer management resource center
- Nonprofit Resource Center’s page on volunteer management
Click on the button “TAKE THIS COURSE” to enroll, listen to the materials, and view summary documents.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes