Using Media and Technology in Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention Efforts
This aim of this course is to help you as you incorporate media and technology into your sexual and domestic violence prevention efforts. With an emphasis on online tools, the course makes the case for using media and technology in your efforts. It also walks you through key considerations for choosing and incorporating tools, as well as provides an example of a Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) grantee program that has successfully incorporated these tools into their prevention program.
Media and its messages are all around us, influencing our thoughts and behaviors. And as technology advances, so do the types of media that inform our worlds. How can we use this media and technology to promote positive, healthy behaviors and norms? And why should we? This lesson contains a video presentation that will not only address those questions, but that will also guide you through key steps and considerations for your efforts.
The goal of this course is to support you as you incorporate media and technology into your prevention efforts.
- Explain how media and technology can enhance sexual and domestic violence prevention efforts.
- Provide 4 key considerations when incorporating media and technology into prevention efforts.
- Identify at least two activities based in media and/or technology that can enhance your current prevention efforts.
Additional Course Materials:
- Bystander Intervention: Using social media to build bystander action to prevent violence – PreventConnect web conference
- Working with the Media to End Child Sexual Abuse – PreventConnect/Ms. Foundation web conference
- Using Twitter to Prevent Domestic Violence – PreventConnect Podcast
- mPreventViolence: Communication and Technology for Sexual Violence Prevention
- Partners in Social Change – Media, Pop Culture, and Prevention
Click on the button “TAKE THIS COURSE” to enroll, listen to the materials, and view summary documents.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 19
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes