Measuring the Impact of Your Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention Efforts
This course assists learners in understanding how to measure success in preventing sexual and domestic violence. It explores why short term measures are important to guiding successful norms change, how these indicators can be used to show your progress and ensure your initiative is on the path to prevention, and a process for developing indicators for your project including sample indicators developed for the most common strategies in the field. Ultimately, this course helps to develop indicators that support your work and communicate your success.
Measuring success throughout your project or strategy is important because it will let you know if you are on the right track and, just as valuably, can demonstrate your successes to your collaborators and to your community – keeping the momentum building for preventing sexual and domestic violence.
The goals of this course is to help practitioners understand how to measure success in preventing sexual and domestic violence.
- Define process and outcome indicators.
- List at least 3 examples of process indicators that correspond to the 5 norms that support sexual and domestic violence.
- List at least 3 examples of outcome indicators that correspond to the 5 norms that support sexual and domestic violence.
- Develop at least 2 possible process indicators for your current prevention efforts.
- Develop at least 2 possible outcome indicators for your current prevention efforts.
- Course Worksheet
- UNITY Guidebook to Strategy Evaluation
- Standards and Indicators for Local Health Department Injury and Violence Prevention Programs
- Preventing intimate partner and sexual violence against women: Taking action and generating evidence
- Understanding Evidence Part 1: Best Available Research Evidence
- NSVRC Prevention Assessment: Year 2 Report Innovations in Prevention
Click on the button “TAKE THIS COURSE” to enroll, listen to the materials, and view summary documents.
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 3
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes