This course provides a foundational introduction to core concepts related to comprehensive prevention efforts. Users who are new to prevention should complete all lessons within the Building Blocks of Prevention course before completing this course.
This lesson introduces the concept of comprehensive prevention. It explains what comprehensive prevention efforts are, makes the case for them, and provides examples.
Prevention efforts are most effective when they are comprehensive. What does it mean when we put that one word, comprehensive, together with prevention efforts? Advance through this lesson to find out!
Outcomes and Expectations:
The goal of this course is to provide you with a foundational understanding of comprehensive prevention efforts.
- Explain the concept of comprehensive prevention.
- Make the case for comprehensive prevention efforts.
- Identify at least two ways to enhance your current prevention activities and strategies to make them more comprehensive.
- Preventing Violence: A Primer
- Sexual Violence Prevention
- Safe Place’s prevention efforts with adolescents – PreventConnect podcast
Click on the button “TAKE THIS COURSE” to enroll, listen to the materials, and view summary documents.
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 92
- Assessments Yes
A Primer on Violence Prevention
Comprehensive Sexual Violence Prevention
Safe Place - an example