Collaboration for Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention
This aim of this course is to provide you with the motivation, skills, and resources necessary to build and maintain effective interdisciplinary partnerships for the prevention of sexual and domestic violence. The course shares key strategies for engaging with diverse sectors in the movement and introduces the Collaboration Multiplier tool.
The movement to end sexual and domestic violence is just that – a movement. Building successful movements requires creating and maintaining partnerships across sectors. So how have we – and do we continue to – do that? This lesson will present key strategies for building and maintaining partnerships with diverse sectors and will introduce you to a tool to do so effectively – the Collaboration Multiplier.
The goal of this course is to support and foster efforts to build diverse partnerships for the prevention of sexual and domestic violence, through the following educational and skills objectives.
- Articulate at least two key elements of successful social movements that apply to your prevention work.
- Identify at least one opportunity in which the Collaboration Multiplier would be useful in your prevention work.
- Develop local partnerships that include members of diverse sectors, for the purpose of preventing sexual and domestic violence in your community.
- Be able to effectively and intentionally utilize the Collaboration Multiplier tool.
- Engaging Communities in Sexual Violence Prevention – TAASA
- Mobilizing Men to Prevent Sexual Violence in a Rural Community – PreventConnect Podcast
- A Good Solution Solves Multiple Problems – PreventConnect web conference
Click on the button “TAKE THIS COURSE” to enroll, listen to the materials, and view summary documents.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 5
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes